It’s hard to know exactly what to bring to the parks. You don’t want to over pack but you also don’s want to under pack. So we have put together this list of some essentials that you do not want to forget (and some will save you $).
- Bring your own food – this is a big one and a big money saver! We make sure to bring lots of snacks and bring lunch into the park. We eat breakfast at the hotel and enjoy buying dinner at the park. Meals can be pricey in the park so we like to save where we can. For the kiddos it can be as easy as a lunchable!
- Double stroller – we could not do Disney without a double stroller! Even if you have kids out of the “stroller age” it is still a necessity because there is so much walking done at the parks and we don’t want whiny kids! When we go we like to get our monies worth and will open the park and close the park (sometimes a 16 hour day!). It is also so nice to have a place to store all of your stuff (lunches, diaper bag, snacks, etc.)
- Rain poncho – some people just don’t like to get wet! Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run are known to get you wet. We like to either buy ponchos at the dollar store, or even better make our own with a large trash bags and cut holes! Easy peasy.
- Sharpie – we like to use a sharpie to write our phone number on our kids arms in case they were to get lost!
- Sunscreen – make sure to bring this, it is expensive in the parks!
- Your own water bottle – bottled water costs an arm and a leg at the parks so make sure to bring your own bottle! There are drinking fountains at every bathroom to refill!
- Backpack or fanny pack – this is where you keep your valuables (wallet, phone, etc.) you do not want to leave in the stroller when going in line for rides. Lately we have been loving the fanny pack! It is also nice to have a few snacks in line.
- Glow sticks – we are all about stopping at the dollar store and stocking up on fun things instead of having to spend tons of money on silly souvenirs in the park.
- Autograph books – bring your own autograph book! We have seen fun Disney note pads at the dollar store or we love this Disney Encyclopedia (as of today 9/17/19 it is only $8). It’s a fun book with most of the Disney characters and we love to have the charter sign by their picture!